About "RubyGems User Guide"
RubyGems is the premier ruby packaging system. It provides:
- A standard format for distributing Ruby programs and libraries.
- An easy to use tool for managing the installation of gem packages.
- A gem server utility for serving gems from any machine where RubyGems is installed.
- A standard way of publishing gem packages.
- Introduction to RubyGems
- Using RubyGems
- Basic Gem Usage
- Listing remotely installable gems
- Searching remotely installable gems
- Installing a remote gem
- Looking at an installed gem
- Uninstalling a gem
- Listing all installed gems
- A note on local and remote operations
- Browsing all installed gems and their documentation
- Using a config file
- Other features
- Installing RubyGems
- Coding With RubyGems
- Specifying Versions
- Versioning Policies
- Creating Your Own Gem
- Distributing Gems
- Signing Your Gems